What is Optimage?
Optimage is a simple yet powerful image optimization tool currently available for Mac that aims for automatic image compression at consistent visual quality and highest density.
Optimage is the first tool to achieve visually lossless compression in a comprehensive set of third-party tests. It is the new state of the art for PNG and JPEG compression with various improvements to GIF, SVG, PDF, WebP, ICO and ICNS compression.
Thousands of people have been successfully using Optimage to optimize their images and documents.
Visually lossless optimization
Optimage uses novel perceptual metrics and improved encoders to reduce image size by up to 90% without losing visual quality.
|PNG||268 KB||298 KB||–||–||217 KB||–||–|
|JPEG||3.72 MB||2.08 MB||4.21 MB||3.74 MB||3.58 MB||3.63 MB||2.68 MB|
*Score shows how many images are visually indistinguishable from originals. Additional tests revealed other issues.
Nearly optimal compression
Optimage provides the highest compression ratio by using advanced algorithms and heuristics for image reductions and data compression.
|PNG||599 KB||274 KB||296 KB||297 KB||304 KB||323 KB|
|JPEG||17.9 MB||16.9 MB||16.9 MB||–||–||–|
Clean and simple interface
A simple native interface gives you power to automatically compress images without touching any settings yet achieving the best performance.
Why use Optimage?
Make your website load faster
If you build websites, it is important to make all image assets, photographs and other media as small as possible because most users, especially on mobile, will leave a page that takes longer than three seconds to load.
Reduce app size
Compress PDF documents
Reduce the size of your scanned PDF documents with max resolution 150dpi which is perfect for sharing on the web and via email.
Optimize vector graphics
Minimize bloated SVG or PDF images produced in tools like Illustrator, Photoshop or Sketch for your website or app.
Optimize your images for social media like Twitter, Facebook or Slack to prevent personal data collection, upload faster and preserve image quality.
Reduce file attachments
Reduce the size of your images and documents because nobody wants to receive huge files and there are often strict file size limits for email and form attachments.
Protect your privacy
Securely remove any hidden sensitive information from photographs and documents without relying on third-party services that may collect your data.
- Intelligent lossy and lossless optimizations
- Advanced image quality metrics based on human perception
- Supports all popular image formats including JPEG, PNG, GIF, SVG, PDF and WebP
- Nearly optimal image compression
- Negligible quality degradation on subsequent runs
- Fast and auto-scaling parallel processing on multicore systems
- Full color management with ICC profile support
- Smart conversion to sRGB for web publishing
- Automatic chroma subsampling and grayscale conversion
- Securely removes hidden metadata (Exif, XMP, IPTC, GPS geotags, comments, etc)
- Seamless integration with Finder and Sketch
- Losslessly auto rotates photographs using Exif Orientation tag
- Preserves some useful metadata (Android 9-patches, aPNG, etc)
- Simple native GUI and CLI clients for Mac, Windows (coming later) and Linux (coming later)
- Minifies Windows icons/favicons (ICO) and Apple icons (ICNS)
- Configurable file renaming and destination folder
- Full control over optimization process including pausing and exit on completion
- Effortless file manipulations using drag-and-drop or clipboard
- Keep originals in Trash to restore any time
One more consideration
“It takes the energy in one lump of coal to move 1 MB of information across the net.”