What’s new in Optimage 2
Significantly improved compression density and speed for PNG, JPEG and GIF image formats.
New file formats
Added support for PDF documents, WebP images and SVG fonts, introduced lossy GIF encoding.
All-around improved interface and functionality to add power and flexibility to your image workflow.
Visually lossless optimization
Optimage uses novel perceptual metrics and improved encoders to reduce image size by up to 90% while retaining consistent high quality.
|PNG||268 KB||298 KB||–||–||217 KB||–||–|
|JPEG||3.72 MB||2.08 MB||4.21 MB||3.74 MB||3.58 MB||3.63 MB||2.68 MB|
*Score shows how many images are visually indistinguishable from originals under normal viewing conditions. Hover over results to see the actual number of images. Additional tests revealed other issues.
Nearly optimal compression
Optimage provides the highest compression ratio by using novel and state-of-the-art heuristics for image reductions and data compression.
|PNG||599 KB||274 KB||296 KB||297 KB||304 KB||323 KB|
|JPEG||17.9 MB||16.9 MB||16.9 MB||–||–||–|
Hover over results to see the size in bytes.
Clean and simple interface
A simple native interface gives you power to automatically compress images without touching any settings yet achieving the best performance.
Why use Optimage?
Make your website load faster
When building a website, it is important to make all image assets, photographs and other media as small as possible. Recent studies show that most of mobile users abandon sites that take longer than 3 seconds to load.
Make your app smaller for your users
Image assets in your app are probably bigger than needed. Reduce their size, so that your app is faster to download, install and use.
Compress PDF documents
Reduce your scanned PDF documents down to 150dpi for sharing on the Web.
Optimize vector graphics
Minimize bloated SVG or PDF images produced in tools like Illustrator, Photoshop or Sketch for your website or app.
Optimize your images for social media like Twitter, Facebook or Slack to prevent hidden metadata collection, upload faster and preserve image quality.
Reduce file attachments
Reduce file size of your images and documents to meet the strict requirements for email and form attachments.
Protect your privacy
Securely remove any hidden sensitive information from photographs and documents without relying on third-party services that may collect your data.
- Intelligent lossy and lossless optimizations
- Advanced image quality metrics based on human perception
- Supports all popular image formats including JPEG, PNG, GIF, SVG, PDF and WebP
- Nearly optimal image compression
- Negligible quality degradation on subsequent runs
- Fast and auto-scaling parallel processing on multicore systems
- Full color management with ICC profile support
- Smart conversion to sRGB for Web publishing
- Automatic chroma subsampling and grayscale conversion
- Securely removes hidden metadata (Exif, XMP, IPTC, GPS geotags, comments, etc)
- Seamless integration with Finder and Sketch
- Losslessly auto rotates photographs using Exif Orientation tag
- Preserves some useful metadata (Android 9-patches, aPNG, etc)
- Simple native GUI and CLI clients for Mac, Windows (coming later) and Linux (coming later)
- Minifies Windows icons/favicons (ICO) and Apple icons (ICNS)
- Configurable file renaming and destination folder
- Full control over optimization process including pausing and exit on completion
- Effortless file manipulations using drag-and-drop or clipboard
One more consideration
“It takes the energy in one lump of coal to move 1 MB of information across the net.”