What’s new in Optimage 2
Significantly improved compression density and speed for PNG, JPEG and GIF image formats.
New file formats
Added support for PDF documents, WebP images and SVG fonts, introduced lossy GIF encoding.
All-around improved interface and functionality to add power and flexibility to your image workflow.
Visually lossless optimizations
Optimage uses advanced metrics to automatically adjust image quality for up to 10x smaller image files that are visually perceived as originals.
Nearly optimal compression
Max compression ratio is achieved with novel and state-of-the-art heuristics by exhaustively trying various image reductions and compression parameters.
Clean and simple interfaces
Simple native GUI and CLI clients are built to work efficiently across many different platforms on desktops and servers.
Why use Optimage?
Make your website load faster
When building a website, it is important to make all image assets, photographs and other media as small as possible. Recent studies show that most of mobile users abandon sites that take longer than 3 seconds to load.
Make your app smaller for your users
Image assets in your app are probably bigger than needed. Reduce their size, so that your app is faster to download and install.
Compress PDF files
Reduce your scanned PDF documents down to 150dpi for uploading to the web, or shrink bloated vector graphics produced in Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch for your app or portfolio.
Optimize your images for faster sharing on social networks and other popular services, while reducing the load on them and saving Internet bandwidth.
Reduce file attachments
There is often a strict file size limit on file attachments in emails and web forms. Reduce your images to meet the requirements or send more.
Protect your privacy
Securely remove any hidden sensitive information from photographs and documents on your computer without ever relying on third party services.
- Intelligent lossy and lossless optimizations
- Advanced quality metrics based on human perception
- Supports all popular image formats including JPEG, PNG, GIF, SVG, PDF and WebP
- Nearly optimal image compression
- Negligible quality degradation on subsequent runs
- Fast and auto-scaling parallel processing on multicore systems
- Full color management with ICC profile support
- Smart conversion to sRGB for Web publishing
- Automatic chroma subsampling and grayscale conversion
- Securely removes hidden metadata (Exif, XMP, IPTC, geotags, comments, etc)
- Seamless integration with Finder and Sketch
- Losslessly auto rotates photographs using Exif Orientation tag
- Preserves some useful metadata (Android 9-patches, aPNG, etc)
- Simple native GUI and CLI clients for Mac, Windows (coming later) and Linux (coming later)
- Minifies Windows icons/favicons (ICO) and Apple icons (ICNS)
- Configurable file renaming and destination folder
- Full control over optimization process including pausing
- Effortless file manipulations using drag-and-drop or clipboard
One more consideration
“It takes the energy in one lump of coal to move 1 MB of information across the net.”